ORLANDO, JUNE 12, 2016 – The Central Florida Urban League is asking for all healthy men and women over the age of 16 to donate blood in light of the horrific terrorist attack at Pulse Nightclub.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those killed and injured in this horrific terrorist attack,” said Glenton Gilzean Jr., President and CEO of the Central Florida Urban League. “There is an urgent need for blood donations, so I ask that anyone who is able to donate blood, please do so as quickly as possible. As a community, we must come together and support one another.”
The need is for O Negative, O Positive and AB Plasma blood. To find a donation center or Big Red Bus near you visit www.oneblood.org or call 1.888.9Donate. To be a donor, you must be 16 years or older and weight at least 100 pounds.
“The first responders of Central Florida are the best in the country,” added Gilzean. “They deserve our utmost thanks and support for their service. We stand behind Chief Mina, Sheriff Demings and their staff as they continue to respond to this unthinkable attack.”
Below is a list of blood donor centers and bloodmobile locations:
- Orlando West Michigan Donor Center, 345 W Michigan Street, Ste. 106, Orlando, FL 32806
- Orlando Main Donor Center, 8669 Commodity Circle, Orlando, FL 32819
- Oviedo Donor Center, 1954 W. State Road 426, Oviedo, FL 32765
- Asbury United Methodist Church - Bloodmobile 220, West Horatio Avenue, Maitland, FL 32751
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church – Bloodmobile, 4851 S. Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819
- Metro Church – Bloodmobile, 1491 East State Road 434, Winter Springs, FL 32708