The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) is providing state and federal resources to communities, businesses and Floridians.
In coordination with state and federal partners, resources are available to assist employers and individuals impacted by the state’s efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Governor DeSantis also has filed emergency legislation and regulations to provide further support to Floridians during this time.
Beginning this week, CareerSource locations across the state will be providing paper applications and assisting Floridians with submitting their Reemployment Assistance applications. Visit www.CareerSourceFlorida.com for information and center locations.
· In Central Florida, please see: https://www.careersourcecentralflorida.com/coronavirus-support/
· **FedEx is offering free printing and mailing of Reemployment Assistance paper applications at over 100 storefronts across the state.
· Additional applications can be downloaded at www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.
Additionally, to make it easier for Floridians to receive Reemployment Assistance, Governor DeSantis waived:
· The waiting week, so individuals can claim their very first week of Reemployment Assistance.
· The work search and work registration requirements so individuals filing for Reemployment Assistance are not required to register in Employ Florida or submit information on a biweekly basis regarding the employers that they contacted each week while the state mitigates the spread of COVID-19.
Please click here for Department of Economic Opportunity Reemployment Assistance Application for Services.
If you are having trouble accessing the online application, please download a Florida Reemployment Assistance Application and mail to:
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
P.O. Box 5350
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350