Hurricane Irma is set to affect Central Florida over the next 24-48 hours. Once the storm has passed, only then will authorities be able to assess the damage to property, streets. Parts of Central Florida might be without electricity and water for days. Please take the proper precautions and ensure you are in a shelter, if given the order to evacuate. If you are remaining at home, charge your electronics to capacity and use them sparsely. Ration your water and food.
The State of Florida Emergency Hotline has been activated 24/7. For up to date information regarding Hurricane Irma, call 1-800-342-3557.
In order to find a hurricane shelter close to you, you can text the word "shelter" and your zip code to the number 4-F-E-M-A or 4-3-3-6-2.
Text FLPREPARES to 888777 to receive updates from the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
Before you go to a shelter, always check with your local emergency management agency to make sure it's not full.
Note: Texting FEMA is not a substitute for calling 911.
If you would like to report price gouging, call 1-866-966-7226.
Additional emergency numbers include:
- Florida Emergency Information: 1-800-342-3557
- Emergency referral line: 211
- FEMA Registration: 800-621-3362 | 800-462-7585
- Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: 800-435-7352
- Elder Affairs: 800-963-5337
- Florida Insurance Claim Hotline: 800-277-8676
- Unemployment Claims Emergency Hotline: 800-204-2418
- DUKE CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 57801 (standard text and data charges may apply. You can also call the automated outage-reporting system at 800.228.8485
- TECO CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 35069. You can also call 1-877-588-1010.