The Central Florida Urban League has a great opportunity for a Program Coordinator to join our incredible team in the Central Florida area. Working as a member of the Central Florida Urban League team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to enable African Americans to secure economic self-reliance, parity, power and civil rights.
In this role, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, implementing and evaluating the current array of programs and services within the Central Florida Urban League. The Coordinator will also recruit local students as interns to help promote CFUL’s programs in the community via health fairs and presentations.
SALARY RANGE: $10-15 (compensation based on experience)
HOURS & LOCATION: 20 hours/week. Central Florida Urban League: 2804 Belco Drive, Orlando, FL 32808
SUPERVISES: College student interns
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree is required
- A demonstrated record of effectively collaborating with others is required
- Excellent administrative, organizational, writing, and supervisory skills.
- Previous experience with public speaking is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Social media savviness (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting (Preferred)
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Program Director, the Financial Services Part-Time Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of the financial services offered by the Central Florida Urban League.
- Provide one-on-one financial counseling/coaching to program participants. Assisting clients to define short and long term financial goals and creating action plans to overcome obstacles. Creating tailored action plans to address financial goals including: credit repair, building savings, improving money management skills, retirement investing, college savings accounts, homeownership and other complex financial matters.
- Work with clients to complete detailed financial assessment which includes: analyzing expenditures and creating personal budgets; access client's credit report/score and offer strategies for credit building. Provide clients with strategies and tools for increasing net worth and documenting client's growth.
- Serve as a resource to clients offering support and fostering accountability to help clients achieve their goals.
- Track program outcomes; including testimonials and success stories of program participants.
- Conduct or assist with financial workshops as a means to outreach and education.
- Develop workshop materials specific to savings, banking products, credit building, identity theft and more.
- Maintain relationships with local financial institutions and community organizations. Work with local financial institutions to understand the needs of the community so they can provide products and services that benefit the community.
- Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social change.
- Complete monthly reporting
- Understand other services offered by the Central Florida Urban League and connect clients to those services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasional weekend hours will be required.
- Passionate about community enrichment and Financial Literacy
- Positive attitude and creative ideas to motivate individuals and families
- Previous experience working in a Non-Profit environment is a plus
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, as well as individually
- Must be punctual and reliable
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to Program Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Central Florida Urban League is an Equal Opportunity Employer